Get adventurous. Get off the road. Get off the paved trail! See something new and interesting!
During this fascinating and advanced tour, we'll seek out some of El Yunque National Forest hidden gems in places where most tours don't go. You will see and experience various rivers, waterfalls and walk through natural trails. This trip takes place on the heart of El Yunque Rainforest, which has a path to one of the coolest spots in the park.
The initial hike/walk is a 25-30 minute journey up a dirt/rock path with some river wading. This trail is surrounded by bamboo trees, rain-forest flowers, and many other beautiful plants. We will first visit a collecting pool that forms at the base of a waterfall. Here you will have the opportunity to swim on it’s crystal clear waters, and enjoy the different tones of its deep pools. A glimpse at the first waterfall, great for pictures opportunities!
The adventure finishes in a pool area, its best kept secret. After a few minutes of hiking, arrive at a natural river where you can swim, swing from a rope to the river, and enjoy the natural water slides.
What Is Not Included?
Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but greatly appreciated.
Lunch after the hike is not included.
Note: All tours depart from San Juan. To account for transportation, guests should allow up to 7 hours for the entire experience.
Your Hotel Lobby or designated meeting point in the North Area. Exact pickup time will be provided the day before the tour.
Safety Requirements and Limitations:
• Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy trails for long periods, and have balance to walk by uneven surfaces.
• Pregnant ladies past their first trimester, persons with previous injuries, back or knee problems or recent surgery or other serious medical conditions should not participate on this tour.
• Children must be 7 years or older to participate.
• Starting times 8:00am to 4:00pm
• Natural Reserve and Manati Beach
• Ages: All family members welcome / (children 7 yrs+)
• Transportation Included
PRICE INCLUDES: 7 hours
Certified Instructor / Guide
All necessary equipment
Snacks and Water
- Wear bathing suit and comfortable clothes. Bring a towel and extra pair of clothing.- Hiking and water shoes are strongly recommended, tennis with a good grip also work.- Have a good breakfast before departing on tour.- This tour is subject to weather and river conditions. In the event cancellation we will offer other options, reschedule for the next day or provide refund.